There is simply nothing better than seasonal baking during the autumn months! This incredible Apple Cinnamon Swirl Loaf is essentially a cake that tastes like an apple fritter and features all of the yummiest flavors of fall. I promise you won't be disappointed.
When it comes to the best fall flavors, pumpkin tops the list for most people, but for me, it's all about the apples. Apple pie, apple squares, and apple crisp are all on heavy rotation at our house throughout the autumn months but absolutely nothing beats this incredible Apple Cinnamon Swirl Loaf. It's basically my new favorite seasonal treat and is the perfect way to use apples after a family trip the orchard.
Apple picking is one of our annual family traditions and something that my kiddos look forward to, year after year. This year we ended up with more apples than we know what to do with. Let the baking begin...
What is in this Apple Cinnamon Swirl Loaf?
Apple Cinnamon Swirl Loaf is made with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand in your fridge or pantry.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- 2% milk
- Vanilla extract
- Apples (of course!)
- Brown sugar
- Icing sugar
What kind of apples should I use in this Apple Cinnamon Swirl Loaf?
For this recipe, you really want to use an apple that will hold its shape after its baked. My favorite baking apple is Granny Smith but some others that can work well are Braeburn, Cortland, and Golden Delicious.
Do I need a loaf pan to make this recipe?
This recipe works very well as a loaf since the loaf pan allows you to layer and swirl the ingredients. While I haven't tried it myself, I believe this would also make very tasty muffins using the same layering and swirling technique.
I always recommend using a non-stick loaf pan and greasing it liberally with a neutral oil or some cooking spray. I also like to line the bottom of my loaf pan with some parchment paper so the loaf comes out easily after baking.
Looking for more delicious apple baking inspiration? Try these amazing recipes...
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp cream
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and line a loaf tin and set it aside.
To make the cinnamon sugar, in a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set it aside.
- To make the batter, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another large bowl, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is well combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until the flour is incorporated. Set it aside.
To make the apple mixture, toss the apples with the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set it aside.
- Spread half of the batter in the bottom of the loaf pan. Arrange half of the apple mixture over the top of the batter in an even layer. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the apples. Repeat the layers, finishing with the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Using a butter knife, gently swirl the batter with the apples to create a marbled effect. Bake until the loaf is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- While the loaf is baking, to make the glaze, in a small bowl, whisk the icing sugar with the cream.
- Once the loaf has cooled completely, remove it from the baking tin and drizzle the glaze over the top. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 5g