These irresistible breakfast muffins combine two of the most lovely fall ingredients, apples, and walnuts! They have a wonderfully warm spice mix in them that will make your whole house smell absolutely amazing! Enjoy.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 apples, grated
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with parchment liners. Set it aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Set it aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until they are light and fluffy. Beat in the yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the apples and walnuts.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 22 to 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying or store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.