Hi lovelies! I’m Sara Lynn and if you’re new to the Domestic Geek community, WELCOME!
As an entrepreneur and mom of two, I know how hard it can be to make eating well a priority which is why I have dedicated my little corner of the internet to creating quick and easy recipes that you can feel really good about feeding yourself and your family. In my experience, the secret to eating well is not fancy ingredients, tools, or techniques. It’s about having a collection of simple, tried and tested recipes that you can come back to over and over again. That’s what The Domestic Geek is all about.
I’ve spent the last eight years dishing out all sorts of deliciousness on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and just about anywhere else hungry people seek kitchen inspiration. It’s amazing to think that in that time, our cooking collective has grown to include more than 2.5 million food enthusiasts just like you - people who love food and want to eat better. I am so proud of this amazing community and it inspires me everyday.
MY FOOD PHILOSOPHY
I believe that simply eating at home is the best way to eat well so I share recipes that are quick, easy, and accessible to everyone in the hope that they’ll inspire you to get into the kitchen and get cooking.
I want my recipes to be accessible to everyone, everywhere so I do my very best to use common ingredients that can be found at most local supermarkets. I also feel that the best recipes start with real food - bright, vibrant, fresh ingredients that spark your imagination and then turn into something amazing.
I’m not here to tell you how to eat or what to eat. Food is deeply personal and I trust that you know your body better than anyone else. I want to provide you with as many options as possible so that you can make food choices that suit you best.
I am all about balance so while most of what you’ll see on this site falls into the ‘healthy’ category, there are also lots of more decadent recipes that are perfect when you’re in the mood to indulge. My Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is an absolute must-try!
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I have two adorable kiddos - My daughter Elle is 3 and my son Cole is 1. Despite my best efforts, they’re both incredibly picky eaters.
- My husband Greg and I have been together for 18 years. We’ve been engaged for 11 years but have never gotten around to actually getting married. I call him my husband anyway because ‘boyfriend’ doesn’t quite sound right after almost two decades.
- I come from a huge family. My dad is one of eight and my mom is one of sixteen. I have 52 first cousins. Needless to say, our holiday gatherings are epic!
- I was born in a little town called Leamington which is the Tomato Capital of Canada, but I basically refused to eat a tomato until I was 21. (My kids clearly get the picky eater thing from me.)
- My favorite food is mint chocolate chip ice cream. No bowl necessary - I prefer to eat it right out of the tub.
- I LOVE Star Trek. I have watched pretty much every episode ever made and I fall asleep to TNG every single night.
- Dolly Parton is my absolute favorite. She is an incredible musician and an even better human. I dragged my friends to Dollywood a few years ago and it was one of the best days of my life.
- Showtunes are my jam. I have seen pretty much every musical ever and in my next life, I’d like to come back as a Broadway star.
- When I was in my early twenties, I sang so much karaoke that I permanently damaged my vocal cords (which is why I can’t be a Broadway star this time around. LOL)
- I can touch my nose with my tongue. It’s called the Gorlin sign and only 5% of the population can do it. You’re trying it now, aren’t you?
Most importantly, I want to just tell you how happy I am that you’re here. If there’s anything that you want to see, don’t hesitate to reach out on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. And if you try any of these recipes, don’t forget to tag me because I always love seeing your kitchen creations.
I hope that this site inspires you in the kitchen and makes your life a little easier and a whole lot more delicious!
**For Business or Media Inquiries, Click HERE**