Herbed Goat Cheese & Olive Pinwheels
- 1 cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- 2 tsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 store-bought puff pastry sheet
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the goat cheese, garlic, parsley, basil, and rosemary. Spread the herbed goat cheese over the puff pastry sheet, leaving 1 inch of pastry exposed along the bottom. Top the goat cheese with the olives. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes over the olives. Brush the exposed strip of pastry with the egg wash.
- Roll the puff pastry into a tight log. Set the log seam side down onto a cutting board. Using a large serrated knife, cut the log into ¾-inch pieces. Transfer the pinwheels onto the baking sheet, cut side up. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops and sides of each pinwheel with the egg wash.
- Bake the pinwheels until they are golden, about 17 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Leave a Reply