Forget the latte, this Pumpkin Spice Bread is my new favorite way to celebrate the arrival of autumn. Sweet and subtly spiced, it's perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup cream
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a nonstick loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, baking powder, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until they are well combined. Add the pumpkin purée, cream, eggs, molasses, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean, about 60 to 75 minutes.
- Allow the loaf to cool slightly before enjoying. Once cooled, store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g