This dish combines two of the world's tastiest take-out dishes - Pad Thai and Fried Rice - to create one mouth-watering meal that is quick, easy, and perfect for weeknights.
- 1 lime, juice
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, tamari, fish sauce, brown sugar, and sriracha. Set it aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the shrimp in the pan and season with salt to taste. Cook until the shrimp begins to turn pink, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp and cook until the remaining side is pink and opaque, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the shallot, garlic, and ginger to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until they are fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour the eggs into the pan and cook, stirring, until the eggs are scrambled and set, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in the rice, carrots, and bean sprouts. Pour the sauce over the rice and mix well. Cook, stirring, until the rice and vegetables are hot, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with the shrimp, green onions, peanuts, and cilantro. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 332mgSodium: 2535mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 39g