This wonderful pasta dish is full of fresh herbs and has a rich and creamy texture that is totally irresistible! It's an excellent dinner option for kids and adults alike.
- 1 lb dried fusilli pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until it is al dente, about 9 to 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the shallot becomes translucent, about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the cream and ½ cup of the pasta water. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir in the goat cheeese until it the mixture is smooth, aboout 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once smooth, transfer the pasta into the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the green onions, parsley, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g