Fresh gnocchi is one of the best supermarket shortcuts. This dish takes it to the next level with the addition of smoky sausage, cherry tomatoes, and lots of bright fresh basil.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 smoked chicken sausages, sliced
- 1 lb fresh gnocchi
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until it begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Toss the sausage and cook until the remaining side is brown, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling water, cook the gnocchi according to package directions.
- While the gnocchi is cooking, push the sausage to one side of the pan and add the tomatoes and garlic to the other side. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomato skins begin to blister, about 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked gnocchi to the skillet. Add about ¼ cup of the cooking water to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Serve immediately topped with the basil. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g