This delicious Beef Taco Skillet is a wonderful simple dinner option that the whole family will love! It comes together in a single pan, and is ready in no time. To make things even easier you can prep all of your ingredients during your weekly meal prep!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef to the pan and cook, breaking it up with the side of a spoon, until it is no longer pink, about 5 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper, and orange bell pepper. Cook until they begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste, chili powder, oregano, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring, until they become fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the rice, beans, and corn. Stir in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet.
- Cook until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with the cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and lime wedges. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.