- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, Red Delicious
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 puff pastry
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease 4 small ramekins with butter. You can also use a muffin tin if preferred.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon and stir well. Set aside.
- Cut the apple in half and remove the core. Using a sharp knife or mandolin cut the apple into thin slices. Place apple slices into a heat proof bowl and cover with lemon juice and boiling water to soften. Alternatively, you can microwave the apples for one minute or until they’re softened.
- Gently roll out the puff pastry dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, slice dough into 4 equal strips, approximately 2.5” by 12”. Using a pastry brush coat the pastry with melted butter. Arrange apples along the top of the pastry strip, overlapping each slice by about half. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Fold bottom half of pastry up over the bottom edge of the apples. Brush pastry with more melted butter and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar. Starting at one end, gently roll pastry into a rose shape. Place each rose into a ramekin or muffin tin.
- Bake between 50 minutes and 1 hour. If the apples start to get too brown, gently cover them with foil.
- Carefully remove roses from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes. Run a butter knife around the inner rim of the ramekin to release the tart.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Leave a Reply