These soft, chewy Fudgy Brownie Cookies capture all the deliciousness of a brownie but with the convenience of a cookie. They are absolutely irresistible when served with a cold glass of milk.
These mouth-watering cookies are the perfect way to show someone how much you care this holiday season. They are ultra chocolatey, easy to prepare, and make a perfect edible gift. Topping them with a little flaked sea salt takes them to the next level.
What is in these Fudgy Brownie Cookies?
These incredible cookies are made with simple ingredients you probably already have at home in your fridge and pantry.
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Flaked sea salt
What is the best kind of chocolate to use for Fudgy Brownie Cookies?
For these cookies, I opted for semi-sweet chocolate but you could just as easily use dark chocolate if that's what you have on hand. I would avoid milk chocolate as I think the end results might be too sweet.
Can you make these cookies smaller?
Absolutely! For the holidays, I always prefer a BIG cookie so I used an ice cream scoop that is 2.25 inch diameter. However, if you wanted smaller cookies, you could easily use a smaller cookie scoop. You'll need to adjust your bake time accordingly.
Can I skip the salt on top?
For sure; it's just a matter of preference. I think that a little flaked sea salt really helps to enhance the chocolatey flavor of these cookies and I also really love any food with a sweet/salty taste. However, if you want to skip the salt, they will still be absolutely delicious.
Looking for more Holiday Cookie inspiration?
- Snowball Cookies
- Bailey's Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Kitchen Sink Cookies
- 7 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt the chocolate with the butter, stirring often. Set it aside and allow it to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and mix until everything is well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake until the tops are crackly and shiny, about 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flaked sea salt on top of each cookie and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 410mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g