I have baked a LOT of cookies in my day but these are by far the best I have ever tried. They are soft, chewy, chocolatey perfection. I hope you love them as much as I do!
- 2 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Flaked sea salt, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix until they are well incorporated. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix well. Add half of the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until the flour is just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate. Chill the dough in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Once ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press the cookies down to flatten them slightly into a disc. Bake the cookies until they are lightly golden around the edges, about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a bit of flaked sea salt to taste. Allow them to cool slightly before enjoying. Once cooled, store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g