If you're stuck in a lunch rut, these Spicy Peanut Chicken Bowls are an amazing way to shake things up. They're quick and easy but full of surprising flavors and textures you'll absolutely love.
Spicy Peanut Chicken Lunch Bowls
If you're stuck in a lunch rut, these Spicy Peanut Chicken Bowls are amazing way to shake things up. They're quick and easy but full of surprising flavors and textures you'll absolutely love.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- ¼ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- To make the spicy peanut sauce, in a small bowl or blender, add the peanut butter, tamari, rice vinegar, maple syrup, chili garlic sauce, and fresh ginger. Mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Set it aside.
- To make the chicken, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is golden on all sides, about 5 to 7 minutes. Turn the heat to medium-low and pour half of the peanut sauce over the chicken. Mix well. Remove the chicken from the heat and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, to make the rainbow slaw, toss together the red cabbage, broccoli florets, and carrots. Add the oil and rice vinegar and mix until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- To assemble the bowls, add some rice to each serving dish. Top them with the rainbow slaw and the peanut chicken. Drizzle the remaining peanut sauce over the chicken and top each bowl with the sesame seeds, cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 827Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 273mgSodium: 1396mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 9gSugar: 10gProtein: 66g
We tried this recipe tonight and it is awesome! Sooo flavourful. It will definitely be added into our meal plan rotation! Thanks so much Sara 🙂
We tried this recipe tonight and it is awesome! Sooo flavourful. It will definitely be added into our meal plan rotation! Thanks so much Sara.
Hello! I was wondering what can I substitute the chili garlic sauce?
Sara Lynn Cauchon
Hi! Great to hear from you. If you don't have any chili garlic sauce available, you could use sriracha and some fresh minced garlic instead. I hope you enjoy it!