These incredible Hot Chocolate Cookies are oh-so-decadent and totally melt in your mouth. They are quick and easy to make and Santa-approved!
Meet your new favorite Christmas cookie. Made with actual hot chocolate mix, these totally capture the essence of classic hot chocolate. And the addition of these sweet little marshmallows just take the whole thing right over the top. What's not to love?
What is in these Hot Chocolate Cookies?
- All-purpose flour
- Hot chocolate mix
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Dehydrated mini marshmallows
Can I use replace the hot chocolate mix with cocoa powder?
Technically yes, you probably could. But this recipe is best when made with hot chocolate mix because it is sweetened. Cocoa powder doesn't contain any added sugar so you won't get the same flavor or texture.
Is it okay to use regular marshmallows in this recipe?
While I LOVE regular marshmallows in my hot chocolate, it is definitely best to use dehydrated marshmallows in this recipe. Regular marshmallows usually just melt in the oven so you end up with a very different texture.
Where can I find dehydrated marshmallows for this recipe?
You may be able to find these dehydrated marshmallows at larger supermarkets, big box stores, or bulk food stores through the holiday season. However, I prefer ordering them online. You can find them here.
- 3 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup hot chocolate mix
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, hot chocolate mix, baking powder, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the butter with the granulated sugar and brown sugar until it is light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until it is well combined.
- Add half of the dry ingredients and mix until it is just incorporated. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and dried mini marshmallows.
- Scoop and shape the dough into disks and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the cookies begin to firm up, about 9 to 11 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before enjoying. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.