With their crisp exteriors and soft, chewy centers, these ultra-chocolatey Christmas Cookies are sure to be Santa's favorite for years to come. These delicious treats make a perfect baking project for the kids since they're quick, simple, and fun to prepare.
What is in these Christmas Cookies?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- Holiday M&Ms
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
Can I add different mix-ins to these cookies?
These cookies start with a classic oatmeal cookie dough. Beyond that, the mix-in possibilities are virtually endless. Try adding any of the following ingredients to these cookies to make them even more delicious.
- Milk chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Potato chips
- Dried mini marshmallows
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1 ¼ cup holiday M&Ms, ¼ cup reserved for the tops
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another large bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Using a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until it is light and fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until they are well combined. Add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix until a dough begins to form. Add the oats and mix until they are just combined.
- Fold in 1 cup of the candy-coated Christmas chocolates, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop and shape the dough into disks and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the cookies begin to brown around the edges, about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and carefully arrange the remaining candy-coated chocolates on top of each cookie, gently pressing them in.
- Return the cookies to the oven for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 246mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g