This fresh and flavorful Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl is the perfect addition to your Sunday meal prep. Made with tender and juicy chipotle chicken, beans, veggies, and brown rice - it's a quick, easy, and nutritious choice.
There is just so much to love about this simple Chipotle copycat recipe. The chicken is cooked to perfection and provides a great source of protein, while the veggies add fiber, vitamins, and minerals to the meal. Toppings like guacamole and pico de gallo provide a burst of flavor with every bite.
Not only is the Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl delicious, but it's also highly customizable. You can choose the ingredients and toppings that you love, making it a great meal option for anyone, regardless of dietary restrictions or food preferences.
What is in this Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl?
- Avocado oil
- Lime juice
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Brown rice
- Black beans
- Corn kernels
- Pico de gallo
What if I don't have chipotle peppers?
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can be found in most supermarkets but if you can't find them, you can easily swap in 2 teaspoons of chipotle powder instead.
What is the best way to store this dish for meal prep?
You can store all of the ingredients except the guacamole together in a container for up to three days. You'll want to add the guacamole just before eating so it doesn't oxidize. You can find my favorite meal prep storage containers here.
FOR MORE DELICIOUS HEALTHY MEAL PREP IDEAS, CHECK OUT SOME OF MY OTHER RECIPES...
- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- ½ cup guacamole
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of oil with the lime juice, chipotle peppers in adobo, honey, garlic, and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Once the chicken has marinated, heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Arrange the chicken in the skillet top-side-down. Cook until it begins to brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook the remaining side until it is golden and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and chop it up.
- Serve immediately over the cooked rice, black beans, corn, guacamole, pico de gallo, and cilantro. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 711Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 1149mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 14gSugar: 12gProtein: 55g