This delicious Cajun Shrimp recipe comes together in just 20 minutes and is perfect for lunch! You can prep the entire dish in advance to make lunch time a little easier! It is low carb, loaded with protein and absolutely bursting with flavor! Enjoy!
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 summer squash, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the shrimp and mix until everything is evenly coated.
- In a large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat. Arrange the shrimp in the skillet, in a single layer. Cook until they begin to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Flip the shrimp and continue to cook until they are cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and add the zucchini, summer squash, and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan and mix everything together.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cook the cauliflower rice according to package directions.
- Serve the shrimp and vegetables immediately with the cauliflower rice or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can opt to use store bought Cajun seasoning instead of the homemade spice blend!