This delicious Rainbow Salad is packed with protein, fiber, and good-for-you ingredients that you can feel great about. It features crunchy vegetables, quinoa, and chickpeas, and is finished off with a flavorful dressing. You can feel free to prep this in advance and enjoy it for lunch or as a side dish!
As many of you already know, I am meal prep obsessed. For me, prepping food on Sunday is the best way to ensure I'm eating well all week long. That being said, not every dish can be prepared in advance and still taste delicious days later. That's why this delicious Rainbow Salad is just so impressive. It's loaded with nutritious ingredients that can hold up in the refrigerator so when you go to dig in, you can be sure that it will still have an appealing texture and flavour.
What is in this Rainbow Salad Meal Prep?
- Avocado oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Red cabbage
- Corn kernels
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What kind of dressing is on this salad?
For this salad, I make a classic Apple Cider Vinaigrette. It's a really simple combination of oil (I like avocado oil), apple cider vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard that's tangy and just subtly sweet. It works incredible well with the fresh crunchy vegetables in this salad.
Can I use a different dressing for this salad?
This salad is really versatile so you can always swap in a different dressing and it will still be delicious. In this case, any simple homemade vinaigrette will do or you could even pour over your favorite store-bought vinaigrette if you wanted to. I generally prefer one that has a bit of sweetness but you could just as easily use a more savory dressing instead.
How to cook quinoa
- Rinse your quinoa by running it under cold water. (You can skip this step if your quinoa is pre-rinsed. It should say so on the package).
- In a medium saucepan, combine one part quinoa and two parts water. (For example, if you're making one cup of dry quinoa, add two cups of water.)
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit, covered, for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, fluff with a fork, and your quinoa is ready to serve or be stored for up to 5 days.
How long will this Rainbow Salad Meal Prep last in the refrigerator?
This salad will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Where do you get your meal prep containers?
I absolutely love these glass meal prep containers. They keep everything extremely fresh and are so easy to clean. You can find them HERE:
For more delicious healthy meal prep ideas, check out some of my other recipes...
Rainbow Salad Meal Prep
This delicious Rainbow Salad is packed with protein, fiber, and good for you ingredients that you can feel great about. It features crunchy vegetables, quinoa, and chickpeas, and is finished off with a flavorful dressing. You can feel free to prep this in advance and enjoy for lunch!
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 19-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, chickpeas, cucumber, cabbage, corn, carrots, red bell pepper, red onion, and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until everything is evenly coated in the dressing.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 493Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 717mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 16gSugar: 15gProtein: 18g
Leave a Reply