This easy Korean Chicken is served with rice and an amazing crunchy slaw! This recipe stores really beautifully making it absolutely perfect for meal prep. Enjoy for lunch or dinner!
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups kale slaw mix
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sriracha, ginger, and garlic. Set it aside.
- To make the chicken, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the chicken in the skillet in a single layer, and cook, until it begins to brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and pour half of the sauce over the top.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the skillet, and continue to cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook, flipping the chicken, until the sauce begins to thicken, about 1 to 2 minutes. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- To make the salad, pour the remaining sauce over the kale slaw mix. Toss, until the salad is evenly coated.
- Assemble each bowl by adding some rice, salad, and chicken. Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the chicken.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ez Prepa [20 Pack] 32oz 3 Compartment Meal Prep Containers with Lids - Bento Box - Plastic - Stackable, Reusable, Microwaveable & Dishwasher Safe
Bayco 10 Pack Glass Meal Prep Containers 2 Compartment, Glass Food Storage Containers with Lids, Airtight Glass Lunch Bento Boxes, BPA-Free & Leak Proof (10 lids & 10 Containers) - White
Mini Whisks Set of 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 567Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 1096mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 46g