f you're looking for a versatile dish to meal prep then this recipe is for you. It is bursting with flavor and can be served up in tacos, burritos, or in a delicious meal prep bowl! The full recipe comes together in under 30 minutes and can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. Enjoy.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ jalapeño pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, breaking it up with the side of a spoon until it is no longer pink, about 5 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chili powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, and chipotle pepper. Cook, stirring, until they become fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth and tomato paste. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the heat and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, add the corn, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Serve immediately with the chicken and rice. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can feel free to sub out the ground chicken and use ground chicken or ground turkey instead
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.