This incredible Chimichurri Chicken Bowl is fresh, nutritious, and bursting with flavor. It starts with a delicious homemade chimichurri sauce that doubles as both a marinade and a dressing. It is oh-so-easy to make and perfect for meal prep!
What is in this Chimichurri Chicken Bowl?
- Red chili
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried oregano
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Romaine lettuce
Can this recipe be made in advance?
This recipe is absolutely perfect for your Sunday meal prep since it's easy to make and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can also marinate your chicken and then freeze it until you're ready to cook it.
Kitchen Tools: Meal Prep Containers
These glass containers are perfect for weekly meal prep. I use them to store everything from salads to soups to rice. You can find them HERE.
FOR MORE DELICIOUS HEALTHY MEAL PREP IDEAS, CHECK OUT SOME OF MY OTHER RECIPES...
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ red chili pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced"
- To make the chimichurri sauce, in the bowl of a food processor, add the parsley, cilantro, shallot, garlic, red chili, oregano, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Season with salt to taste.
- Pulse the food processor until everything is well combined.
- Set half of the chimichurri sauce aside.
- Spread the remaining chimichurri sauce over the chicken and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- When ready to cook the chicken, heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Arrange the chicken in the pan in a single layer. Cook until it is golden, about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to cook until the remaining side is golden and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over the romaine lettuce, tomatoes, shallot, and avocado. Top the chicken with the remaining chimichurri sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 463mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 44g