This delicious Curried Cauliflower Soup is a comforting, warming, and nutritious soup that is perfect for a chilly winter evening. This soup is easy to make, packed with flavor, and can be enjoyed as a healthy lunch or dinner option.
What is in this Curried Cauliflower Soup?
- Red curry paste
- Light coconut milk
- Vegetable broth
- Green onion
- Red chili pepper (optional)
Benefits of Curried Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower is a nutrient-dense vegetable that is low in calories but high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium. Cauliflower is also a good source of antioxidants, which can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Curry paste has also been shown to have health benefits. The combination of cauliflower and curry paste makes this soup a nutritional powerhouse that can support overall health and well-being.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 19-oz can light coconut milk
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper"
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- To make the roasted cauliflower, arrange the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Drizzle the oil over the cauliflower and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake until it softens and begins to brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, to make the soup, in a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until they become fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring constantly, until it becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the pot and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pot. Simmer the soup until the carrots are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are tender, turn the heat off and purée the soup using an immersion blender.
- Serve immediately topped with the green onions, chili peppers, and cilantro.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 846mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g