This Pasta Fagioli Soup, also known as Pasta e Fagioli Soup is hearty, comforting, and loaded with nutrients and fiber. This recipe is absolutely perfect for cold season since it is packed with ingredients that you can feel really good about. It is super filling thanks to the addition of pasta, beans, and loads of veggies! Enjoy for lunch or dinner.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 19-oz can tomato
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 Parmesan cheese rind
- 1 cup dried small pasta, orzo)
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up with the side of a spoon, until it begins to brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the onion, celery, and carrots and mix well. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the cannellini beans, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and broth. Add the Parmesan rind and bring the soup to a boil. Add the pasta to the soup and reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir in the sugar and simmer the soup, covered, until the pasta is tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove and discard the Parmesan rind. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately topped with the parsley and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 1222mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 12gSugar: 6gProtein: 41g