These scones are bursting with summer flavor thanks to the addition of wild blueberries! They are tender, flakey, and perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert!
- ½ cup half and half cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose four
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into ½" cubes
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 2 tbsp 2% milk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp half and half cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- To make the scones, in a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, eggs, and vanilla extract. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the chilled butter and mix it into the flour mixture with your hands until it resembles coarse crumbs. Alternatively, this can be done in a food processor. Once the butter is fully incorporated, add the blueberries and stir gently.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until a dough begins to form. The dough will be slightly sticky.
Divide the dough in half and transfer the first half to a lightly-floured board. Form it into a disc that is about 1" high and 8" across. Using a sharp knife, cut the disc into 6 equal slices.
- Transfer the slices to a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with the other half of the dough. Using a pastry brush, brush the top of each scone with milk.
Transfer the scones to the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the scones until they just begin to brown on top, between 17 and 20 minutes. Keep a close eye on them. If they begin to brown too quickly, place a piece of aluminum foil over top to slow the browning process.
Remove the scones from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- In the meantime, to make the glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla extract. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled scones.
- Enjoy immediately or store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can also opt to make the dough further in advance! Simply take the scones out of the freezer when you are ready to bake!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g