This decadent Chocolate Banana Bread is sure to become your new favorite dessert. This delightful treat is a twist on traditional banana bread, adding a rich chocolate swirl that takes this classic recipe to the next level.
There's something incredibly comforting about banana bread. Perhaps it's the nostalgia of grandma's house, or the warm and inviting aroma that fills the kitchen as it bakes. Whatever the reason may be, banana bread has become a beloved classic that has stood the test of time.
But as with any classic recipe, there's always room for experimentation and creativity. That's where chocolate swirl banana bread comes in. By adding a generous swirl of chocolate to the traditional banana bread batter, you create a decadent treat that's sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
What's great about chocolate swirl banana bread is that it's incredibly versatile. It can be enjoyed as a breakfast pastry, an afternoon snack, or even as a dessert. You can serve it warm, straight from the oven, or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream.
What's in this Chocolate Banana Bread?
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Ripe bananas
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
Tools: Loaf Pan
You really want to use a good quality non-stick loaf pan for a recipe like this. Here is a link to my favorite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas. Mix until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and beat until just smooth. Do not overmix.
- Transfer half of the batter into a large bowl and stir in the cocoa powder until just combined.
- To assemble the marbled loaf, scoop the batter into the prepared pan, alternating between the classic batter and the chocolate batter. Once all of the batter is used up, using a butter knife, gently swirl it through the batter to create a marble effect.
- Top the loaf with the chocolate chips.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Allow the banana bread to cool for at least thirty minutes before slicing.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 428mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 3gSugar: 35gProtein: 7g