Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 small zucchinis, grated (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set it aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, oil, and sugar. Using a rubber spatula, stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate until just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin and bake until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly before enjoying. Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.