Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Bowl
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 8 oz vermicelli noodles
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup green cabbage
- 1 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, agave, chili garlic sauce, and avocado oil. Arrange the chicken in an airtight container. Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and set the remaining sauce aside. Allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Once marinated, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken and the marinade in the skillet. Cook until the chicken is golden, about 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to cook, until the remaining side is golden and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and slice the thighs.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling water according to the package directions. Drain them and rinse them under cold water. Transfer the noodles into a serving bowl. Pour the remaining dressing over the noodles. Top the noodles with the carrot, cabbage, snow peas, and cooked chicken.
- Serve immediately topped with the sesame seeds and red chili. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 1505mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 34g
Leave a Reply