Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups long grain white rice
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 19-oz can tomato
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup sour cream, for serving
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, for serving
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the rice and taco seasoning and cook, stirring, for another minute. Add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and green chilies. Bring the mixture to a simmer, cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until almost all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the black beans and corn and cook, stirring, until they are just heated through, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, cilantro, and lime wedges or store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.