Vegan Taco Bowls
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
For the Cauliflower Walnut Taco 'Meat'
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime, juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 ½ cups long grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
For the Vegan Taco Bowls
- 3 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 avocado, sliced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cauliflower florets, walnuts, tamari, oil, chipotle pepper, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, and lime juice. Pulse until the mixture is the texture of very coarse crumbs.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and spread it into an even layer. Bake it, tossing once half way through cooking, until it’s fragrant and browned, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the rice according to package directions. Once the rice is cooked, stir in the lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the taco bowls, top each bowl of rice with taco ‘meat’, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, and jalapeno. Serve with a wedge of lime.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Leave a Reply