Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28-oz can tomato
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 limes, juice
- ½ cup sour cream, for serving
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, for serving
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until they have softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it up with the side of a spoon, until it is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder and cook for another minute.
- Add the sweet potatoes, kidney beans, black beans, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth and stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and allow it to simmer, stirring regularly, for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy immediately topped with sour cream and chives. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up 3 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 554Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 923mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 16gSugar: 14gProtein: 36g