Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage
- 1 lb broccolini, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dried orzo
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the broccolini and cook, stirring, until it is bright green, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and orzo and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the chicken broth and cover the skillet. Cook, stirring often, until the orzo has absorbed all of the liquid, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 1837mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 25g