This hearty, comforting Three Cheese Pasta Bake is the perfect dish for a cold winter's day. The flavor is incredible and it is guaranteed to become a family favorite.
- 1 lb dried penne pasta
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 cups baby kale
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the penne according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage to the skillet and cook, breaking it up with the side of a spoon, until it begins to brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the onion, and cook, stirring often, until it begins to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring, until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the tomato sauce and bring the mixture to a simmer, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the kale, and cook, stirring, until it is wilted, about 1 minute. Drain and tansfer the cooked pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- Arrange half of the pasta in a large baking dish. Using a spoon, dollop half of the ricotta on top of the pasta. Transfer the remaining pasta into the baking dish. Top the pasta with the remaining ricotta cheese, the mozzarella cheese, and the Parmesan cheese. Bake the pasta until the cheese is melted and lightly golden, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with the parsley or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 566Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 1180mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 31g