If you're looking for a fresh, fast, and flavorful way to celebrate Meatless Monday then this dish is for you! This recipe is loaded with great-for-you ingredients like sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and kale.
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 cups green kale, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and curry paste and cook, stirring, until it becomes fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the sweet potatoes, broth, and coconut milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas, kale, and cilantro, and cook until the chickpeas are heated through and the kale is wilted.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.