Thai Curry Chicken & Rice
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 4 chicken legs, divided into thighs and drumstickss
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 ½ tbsp red curry paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, for serving
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. In a large high-sided skillet with a lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until it begins to brown and releases easily from the pan, about 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook until the remaining side is browned, an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the browned chicken to a plate and set it aside.
- To the same skillet, add the bell pepper and carrot. Cook until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the curry paste, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, until it is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the rice, coconut milk, and broth. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and bring the mixture to a simmer. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium-low. Continue to cook until all of the liquid has been absorbed and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165ºF, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with the fresh cilantro and lime wedges or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply