Taco Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 3 red bell peppers, cut in half and seeds removed (leave green stems on)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 19-oz can tomato
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the pepper halves in the boiling water and allow them to cook for about 5 minutes or just until they begin to become tender. Drain the peppers and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and cook, breaking it up with the side of your spoon, until it is no longer pink. Add onion and cook for another 3 minutes. Add garlic and rice and cook for another minute. Add beans, corn, tomatoes and taco seasoning. Allow mixture to reduce and thicken slightly.
- Stuff each pepper half with filling and arrange on a well greased baking dish. Top each with cheese and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with taco toppings of choice such as sour cream, cilantro and green onions.
Leave a Reply