Sweet Potato Chorizo Tacos
If you're looking to amp up your traditional taco recipe then look no further than these flavorful Sweet Potato Chorizo Tacos! They feature a delicious combination of roasted sweet potatoes, red pepper, black beans, and chorizo! Everything is seasoned to perfection and then topped with sour cream and Cotija cheese! Enjoy!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Sweet Potato and Chorizo Filling
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 4 chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup prepared salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 corn tortilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the sweet potato on the baking sheet and coat with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season the potatoes with the cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Bake the potatoes until they golden and tender, about 25 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in the onion and red pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, abotu 3 minutes. Add the black beans, salsa, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans have heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes and chorizo are cooked, assemble the tacos. Fill each tortilla with the sweet potatoes and chorizo mixture.
- Serve immediately topped with the sour cream, cilantro, and Cotija cheese.
Leave a Reply