Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Sweet Potato and Chorizo Filling
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 4 chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup prepared salsa
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 corn tortilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the sweet potato on the baking sheet and coat with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season the potatoes with the cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Bake the potatoes until they golden and tender, about 25 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in the onion and red pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, abotu 3 minutes. Add the black beans, salsa, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans have heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes and chorizo are cooked, assemble the tacos. Fill each tortilla with the sweet potatoes and chorizo mixture.
- Serve immediately topped with the sour cream, cilantro, and Cotija cheese.