Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp cornmeal
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the corn, cornmeal, cheddar cheese, jalapeños, green onions, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Spoon dollops of the corn mixture into the pan. Cook until they are golden, about 3 minutes. Flip them and continue to cook until the remaining side is golden, another 3 minutes. Once cooked, transfer them to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat the process with remaining corn mixture.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.