This delicious Strawberry Vanilla Crisp is the perfect summer dessert. It's easy to prepare and best served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 6 cups chopped strawberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- ⅔ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter"
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9-inch baking dish. Set it aside.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl, toss the strawberries with the granulated sugar, flour, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Run a knife along the vanilla bean to remove the seeds. Add the vanilla bean seeds to the bowl.
- Mix until the strawberries are evenly coated. Transfer the filling to the prepared baking dish. Set it aside.
- To make the streusel topping, in another large bowl, add the oats, flour, brown sugar, sliced almonds, and salt. Mix well. Add the butter and mix until the butter is well incorporated. Spread the mixture evenly over the strawberries.
- Bake until the streusel topping is golden and the strawberry filling is bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Allow the crisp to cool slightly before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 6gSugar: 40gProtein: 5g