This easy and fresh Pasta Salad recipe is the perfect summer party dish! It is loaded with flavor and is easy to make in a big batch! You can make this recipe for a pool party or a potluck or you can meal prep this recipe and enjoy it for lunch!
- 1 lb dried macaroni
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup bread and butter pickles, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Once cooked, drain the pasta and run some cold water over it until it is cool. Drain any excess water and toss the noodles in some oil.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, dill, Dijon mustard, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, celery, green onions, pickles, and the buttermilk dressing. Toss until everything is evenly distributed and the pasta is evenly coated with the dressing.
- Chill the pasta salad for a couple of hours before serving or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g