This delicious recipe is a summer staple in my house! It is loaded with good for you ingredients and is a great meal prep option! It is super versatile and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Mexican Bean Salad
This delicious recipe is a summer staple! It is loaded with good for you ingredients and is a great meal prep option! It is super versatile and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 19-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ orange bell pepper, diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, add the black beans, black eyed peas, corn, bell peppers, red onion, and cilantro. Add the lime juice, avocado oil, agave, and chili powder.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix the salad well.
Serve over the romaine lettuce and top with the avocado.
3. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply