These mouth-watering Strawberry Scones are tender, golden, and subtly sweet. They are a bit of a labor of love but totally worth all the effort because they taste incredible.
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, cut into ½" cubes
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup half and half cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp half and half cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the chilled butter and mix it into the flour mixture with your hands until it resembles coarse crumbs. Alternatively, this can be done in a food processor. Once the butter is fully incorporated, add the strawberries and stir gently.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until a dough begins to form. The dough will be slightly sticky.
- Divide the dough in half and transfer the first half to a lightly-floured board. Form it into a disc that is about 1" high and 8" across. Using a sharp knife, cut the disc into 6 equal slices. Transfer the slices to a parchment-lined baking sheet and repeat with the other half of the dough. Using a pastry brush, brush the top of each scone with milk.
- Transfer the scones to the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the scones until they just begin to brown on top, between 17 and 20 minutes. Keep a close eye on them. If they begin to brown too quickly, place a piece of aluminum foil over top to slow the browning process.
- Remove the scones from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla extract. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled scones.
- Enjoy immediately or store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g