This protein-packed Chicken Fajita Rice Skillet is loaded with Southwestern flavor and is oh-so-easy to prepare. It's sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups long grain white rice
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 19-oz can tomato
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season it with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and garlic powder. Cook until they are fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the rice and black beans. Add the chicken broth and diced tomatoes and mix until everything is well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Cook until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 824mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 22g