Steak & Blue Cheese Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy this Warm Steak & Blue Cheese Salad. This dish starts with a bed of arugula and is topped with sliced steak that has been cooked in a skillet and a beautiful warm tomato vinaigrette that is bursting with fresh flavor. Finish the dish off with a sprinkle of crumbled blue cheese and enjoy!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 8 oz striploin steak
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 4 cups arugula
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Season the steak liberally with salt and pepper.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place the steak in the pan and sear it until a golden crust forms on each side and it is cooked to your liking. Remove the steak from the skillet and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing it thinly.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they soften. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook for another minute. Add vinegar, honey and salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes soften. Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Arrange arugula on serving dish of choice. Top with steak strips, vinaigrette and crumbled blue cheese.
- Enjoy immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 626mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 39g
Leave a Reply