You truly have to see these Spooky Eyeball Cookies to believe them! They are the perfect simple Halloween treat that taste delicious and come together in no time at all!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp black gel food coloring
- ⅓ cup candy eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer or stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and black food coloring.
- Mix until everything is well combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Scoop the dough onto the baking sheet and using a fork, lightly press down the tops of the cookies to flatten them.
- Bake until they begin to set, about 8 minutes. Return the cookies to the oven until the cookies are set, about 2 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly before enjoying.
- I made these cookies black but you could easily switch things up and make purple, orange, or even green cookies!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g