This delicious warm & comforting dish is perfect for the fall and winter. It is loaded with classic flavors that your whole family will enjoy! This recipe is a great option for dinner during the holiday season, but can also be enjoyed during the week!
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 lb baby potatoes, halved
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken, skin side down, in the skillet. Cook until the chicken is golden and releases easily from the pan, about 5 to 6 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook the remaining side until it is golden and releases easily from the pan, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in the skillet and add the shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until they begin to soften, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the white wine and simmer until the liquid begins to reduce, about 3 to 4 minutes. While stirring, add the flour and cook for 30 seconds. Add the potatoes and stir in the chicken broth. Add the thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once simmering, arrange the chicken in the skillet, skin side up. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the potatoes have softened and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.