Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Parboil the sweet potatoes for 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook onion and red pepper until softened, over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potato and cook, stirring frequently, until it begins to caramelize, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the black beans, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and chipotle pepper. Cook, stirring, for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with the cilantro and a fried egg.