Inspired by a classic spicy salmon sushi roll, these Spicy Salmon & Rice Bowls are a healthy and delicious way to get more salmon into your family's diet.
Spicy Salmon & Rice Bowls
This delicious Spicy Salmon & Rice Bowl is ready in just 15 minutes. The salmon has a beautiful crispy crust thanks to the flavorful spice blend, and pairs perfectly with fluffy white rice! Serve it up with crunchy cucumber and creamy avocado and top everything with the delicious spicy mayo! This dish is perfect for both lunch and dinner and can also be prepped in advance! Enjoy!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Salmon & Rice Bowl
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb fresh salmon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cooked long grain white rice
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- To make the spicy mayonnaise, in a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sriracha, tamari, and maple syrup. Set it aside.
- To make the salmon seasoning, in a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Set it aside.
- To make the salmon, heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon to the pan and sprinkle all of the seasoning over the salmon. Cook, tossing occasionally, until all of the sides of the salmon are golden, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the salmon from the skillet and set it aside.
- To assemble the bowls, add the rice to the bottom of each bowl. Top it with some cucumber, avocado, and the cooked salmon. Drizzle the spicy mayonnaise on top. Garnish with the green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply