Southwestern Sweet Potato 'Toast'
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 sweet potato, sliced lengthwise into ½ inch discs
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup prepared salsa
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake until they are fork tender, about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs are scrambled, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Top each slice of sweet potato ‘toast’ with guacamole, scrambled eggs, salsa, and chives for garnish.
- Enjoy immediately.
Leave a Reply