Nothing says summer quite like a delicious Shrimp Boil. Loaded with incredibly flavorful ingredients like shrimp, corn, and smoked sausage, this is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 ½ lemon
- 2 yellow onions, halved
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb baby potato, halved
- 4 corn on the cobs, cut into quarters
- 4 smoked pork sausages, sliced
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Fill a large pot with water. Add the lemon, onion, garlic cloves, Old Bay seasoning, and salt. Mix well. Bring the water to a boil and add the potatoes. Cook the potatoes until they begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Stir in the corn and the smoked sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is bright yellow, about 5 minutes. Remove and discard the lemon, onion, and garlic cloves. Add the shrimp and continue to cook until the shrimp is bright pink and opaque, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked food into a large bowl.
- In a measuring, pour 1 cup of the cooking water over the butter. Allow the butter to melt completely. Pour the mixture over the shrimp boil.
- Serve immediately topped with the parsley or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 2685mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 25g