Salmon is one of the most convenient proteins to cook up on a busy weeknight. Not only is it incredibly delicious and loaded with healthy fats, but it cooks up in absolutely no-time. These sesame-crusted salmon fillets are wonderful served up with our delicious zesty dipping sauce!
- 4 salmon fillets (4oz)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, white and black
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the salmon with the red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a small plate. Press the top of each salmon fillet into the sesame seeds to form a sesame crust. Set them aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Arrange the salmon, skin side down on the skillet. Cook until the skin is golden, about 5 minutes. Flip the salmon and continue to cook until the remaining side is golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar, honey, and ginger. Add the lime zest, lime juice, and green onions.
- Serve the salmon immediately with the dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 580Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 753mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 52g